To be honest last October, and November I wrote 100,000 words. I tried to do it in December but I didn't quite make it. I got about 30,000 words before the holidays hit.
So I've done this before. Today I started back again after about a two week break. And it took a while to get back in the groove. It took me an hour to write 2,000 words.
Oh did I mention I write 2,000 words a day? That's about five pages a day. If you do that you realize that if you write 2,000 words a day you'll hit 50,000 words after twenty-five days. Which is pretty cool.
Some people say that 50,000 words is 200 hundred pages but the last couple times I've done it, I've only gotten about 130 pages. I guess I use smaller words. But still it's a 130 pages I didn't have at the beginning of the month and after two months of working on the same story I have 260 pages. Which is almost a novel.
So recap I write 2,000 words a day which is also 5 pages a day. At the end of each month I have 50,000 words. (I take Sunday's off cause I need a break once a week.) I can write a novel in two and a half months. And only spend one hour a day.
pretty cool right!
I've discovered that it usually takes me between 45 minutes to an hour to write 2,000 words. Today it took me an hour but I've been out of practice over the holidays. Tomorrow will probably be better.
But I've said enough. So without further ado my first 2,000 words of 2012.
Drum Roll Please:
No comments:
Post a Comment